LED light therapy
LED stands for light emitting diodes. This is a low level light used to rejuvenate the skin. LED Light Therapy is a very safe, non-invasive treatment and is a perfect addition after treatments such as a microdermabrasion or an enzyme peel or even a laser facial.
LED light therapy treats the following concerns:
- Active acne
- General acne
- Superficial acne scarring
- Fine lines
- Collagen loss
- Soothing elements post treatments in clinic
How does LED light therapy work?
LED works in different ways using different lights and/or combination of lights depending on what your skin concern is.
- Red Light – gently stimulates collagen production.
- Blue Light – reduces acne bacteria and can reduce inflammation and breakouts.
- Green Light – has soothing properties and provides a greater skin texture.
- Yellow Light – has anti allergy properties.
If your concern is post treatment and you would like to reduce inflammation we can utilise the blue and green light to soothe the skin. A popular option is to have LED Light Therapy after a Deluxe Microdermabrasion.
If your skin concern is acne scarring or blemishes, we’ll use a combination of blue and red light. The red rebuilds collagen, stimulates our fibroblasts to enhance collagen remodelling and the blue light helps to kill the active p.acne bacteria in the skin and settles inflammation.
Use as a stand alone treatment, an add on or we have packages available which our friendly staff can assist with after a complimentary consultation.